Visual Studio 6.0 Product ID Number
Heinrich
2005-09-23 02:21:04 UTC
I recently replaced my computer and I an currently reinstalling my software.
The installation wizard for Visual Studio 6.0 is asking for the product ID (3
+ 7 characters) but I cannot locate the product ID. I have the software
licence and the 20 character PID Key but that however is not what the wizard
requires. I cannot remember what product ID I had used when I first
installed the software 5 years ago but I can surely do with some advice. Is
the product ID unique? Is there some way that I can get pass this problem?

I would appreciate some advice.
Veign
2005-09-23 02:26:20 UTC
Contact Microsoft...
--
Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB)
Veign's Resource Center
Heinrich
2005-09-23 02:47:03 UTC
Thanks. Will do and hope for a quick response.

Heinrich
Post by Veign
Contact Microsoft...
Veign
2005-09-23 03:06:17 UTC
As long as everything is on the up and up I'm sure they will help you long
before some in these newsgroups can...

Good luck!
--
Post by Heinrich
Thanks. Will do and hope for a quick response.
Heinrich
Post by Veign
Contact Microsoft...
Heinrich
2005-09-23 04:23:01 UTC
Everything is on the up and up. Since I got your advice I have called
Microsoft Customer Service three times. I have been transfered twice,
disconnected once and finally told that the office that handles my kind of
problem is currently closed. Hopefully everything goes smooth when I call
again tomorrow. It is amazing that after a decade of using Microsoft
products, this is my first call to customer service.

Thanks again,

Heinrich
Post by Heinrich
Thanks. Will do and hope for a quick response.
Heinrich
Post by Veign
Contact Microsoft...
--
Post by Heinrich
The installation wizard for Visual Studio 6.0 is asking for the
product ID
Post by Heinrich
Post by Veign
(3
Post by Heinrich
Post by Heinrich
requires. I cannot remember what product ID I had used when I first
installed the software 5 years ago but I can surely do with some
advice.
Post by Heinrich
Post by Veign
Is
Karl E. Peterson
2005-09-23 18:10:34 UTC
Post by Heinrich
Everything is on the up and up. Since I got your advice I have called
Microsoft Customer Service three times. I have been transfered twice,
disconnected once and finally told that the office that handles my
kind of problem is currently closed. Hopefully everything goes
smooth when I call again tomorrow. It is amazing that after a decade
of using Microsoft products, this is my first call to customer
service.
As a lark, try 111-1111111...?
--
Working Without a .NET?
http://classicvb.org/petition
Barry
2005-09-23 18:57:05 UTC
Don't laugh - We have a SQL 7 Installation that uses that very key....

Priceless!
Karl E. Peterson
2005-09-23 20:09:13 UTC
Post by Barry
Don't laugh - We have a SQL 7 Installation that uses that very key....
Priceless!
Boatloads of MS stuff does, yep. <g>
Heinrich
2005-09-24 16:48:01 UTC
Thanks Karl.
After spending more than a hour this morning with Microsoft Customer
Service, including one transfer and a disconnection, their advice was for me
to contact Microsoft Customer Service in South Africa (where the software was
bought while I was working in Southern Africa). I have (or had) two issues
with that: 1. South Africa is 6 hours ahead of NY (where I am currently
located) and 2. Calling SA requires an international call and I am unsure how
long the call will last, disconnections, transfers, etc. Thus I came back to
the Newsgroup saw your suggestion, tried it and it worked.

Thanks again Karl.
Karl E. Peterson
2005-09-27 21:18:37 UTC
Post by Heinrich
Post by Karl E. Peterson
Post by Heinrich
[...]
LOL! Wonderful!!! :-)
Post by Heinrich
Thanks again Karl.
A pleasure.
Vancity Car Rentals
2021-03-08 23:54:04 UTC
Post by Karl E. Peterson
Everything is on the up and up. Since I got your advice I have called
Microsoft Customer Service three times. I have been transfered twice,
disconnected once and finally told that the office that handles my
kind of problem is currently closed. Hopefully everything goes
smooth when I call again tomorrow. It is amazing that after a decade
of using Microsoft products, this is my first call to customer
service.
As a lark, try 111-1111111...?
--
Working Without a .NET?
http://classicvb.org/petition
Amazing. Thanks. 111-1111111 works!

Ken Halter
2005-09-23 14:13:31 UTC
Post by Heinrich
I recently replaced my computer and I an currently reinstalling my software.
The installation wizard for Visual Studio 6.0 is asking for the product ID (3
+ 7 characters) but I cannot locate the product ID. I have the software
licence and the 20 character PID Key but that however is not what the wizard
requires. I cannot remember what product ID I had used when I first
installed the software 5 years ago but I can surely do with some advice.
Is
the product ID unique? Is there some way that I can get pass this problem?
I would appreciate some advice.
This utility will give you a list of just about everything installed on your
PC, including any CD Keys/Licensing info you'd need to re-install.

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - http://www.vbsight.com
DLL Hell problems? Try ComGuard - http://www.vbsight.com/ComGuard.htm
Please keep all discussions in the groups..